The next year (2010), the Impact Factor of this journal drastically dropped to 0.704. I felt this was the end of the world. How can I use such a paper to find a faculty position?
For a random reason, I checked its Impact Factor today. Now it's exactly 1.000.
The figure below visualizes the Impact Factor trend of this journal over the past 5 years.
Sometimes I think that Impact Factor of a journal is a joke.
Appendix: How high IF 5 is in AI?
Here are the Impact Factors (2012) of the several well-known AI journals:
- Artificial Intelligence (Elsevier, also known as AIJ): 2.194
- IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE): 1.892
- Journal of Machine Learning Research: 3.420
- IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Part B: 3.236
- IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI): 4.795
- International Journal of Computer Vision (Springer): 3.623
- Knowledge-based systems (Elsevier): 4.104
- IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems: 3.766