Fixing SGE qmon font error on Ubuntu

I have been suffering from SGE's qmon font error on my Ubuntu box for a while. When I ssh to the cluster master node and try to start qmon to check the status of the queues, I got font missing errors. Today I did some intensive Google search and found out the solution: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gridengine/+bug/511043

To fix, just do (on your working machine, not the cluster)
sudo apt-get install xfont-base xfont-75dpi xfont-100dpi
REMEMBER: You need to restart X to make the change effective. You can log out and re-log in (on your working machine).

I use qmon for checking queue load. If installing the fonts do not help, you can use the command
qstat -g c
to check queue load.

No comments: