2011-08-16

Configuring PyAIMS on (Ubuntu) Linux

I need to user PyAIMS recently. But BrainVISA's installation documentation does NOT mention any configurations for PyAIMS. I can't find solutions on Google. So I had to randomly try. And below are steps that worked for me.

Step 1: Add <BrainVISA_Installation_Path>/python into your $PYTHONPATH
Step 2: Add <BrainVISA_Installation_Path>/lib into your $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Step 3: Add <BrainVISA_Installation_Path>/share into your $BRAINVISA_SHARE

For example, in my ~/.bashrc, i have these two lines:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/home/forrest/bin/brainvisa4/lib
export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/home/forrest/bin/brainvisa4/python
export BRAINVISA_SHARE=/home/forrest/bin/brainvisa4/share

Update at 2011-08-18:
If you still get errors (e.g., segmentation fault) after the configuration above, try  the Python interpreter at <BrainVISA_Installation_Path>/bin instead of your system Python interpreter.

No comments: