This semester, I am building an ECG sampling system (yes, like the one you can see in ER in Grey's Anatomy on TV) for my Medical Instrumentation class project. For the first time in my life, I amplified a signal by 5000 times! And, luckily, I had the chance to use a prototype NI myDAQ - yup, the one before released to the market.
|This is my ECG of one beat! It doesn't look like textbook version though.|
Samples: 1000. In my LabVIEW program, I selected
One header onlyin
Segment headers optionin
Save to Measurement fileexpress VI. So I guess this might be the problem.
Hence, I changed the Samples tag to 120000. Everything worked perfectly as expected!
So, a reminder. If you are using NI Biomedical Start Kit out there, do select
One header per segmentwhen saving measurement data. Or you can manually change the header as I did.
PS: I sampled many classmates' ECG. But many of them do not look like the ``standard ECG'' as shown on the textbook. I really don't know why. So on my software interface, I call the one made from NI ECG simulator ``human ECG'' and the one sampled from us ``alien ECG."
|On the left: ECG from simulator; On the right: ECG from us (We are confused whether we are human babies any more.)|